Canine Handler (Bed Bug Detection)
We are currently looking for a Full Time Canine Handler in our Southern Region which consists of South/Central New Jersey, Philadelphia area, MD and DE. This position is ideal for a candidate that wants to be a part of a rapidly growing, family-owned company providing a valuable service to customers.
The Canine handler will work with, care for, and maintain the training of a bed bug dog to perform inspections of commercial and residential customers’ facilities, as well as direct the dog in the performance of the bed bug inspections to result in sales and production revenues. Training for both the handler and the canine will be provided. Training will take place in the State of New Jersey.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit exemplary customer service
- Explain the inspection process to the customer, and ensure the customer’s understanding of that process
- Conduct thorough inspections of the customer’s property to result in additional bed bug sales and/or revenues
- Ability to conduct canine bed bug demonstrations to potential clients
- Maintain current standard of training to ensure the team is able to detect the presence of bed bugs
- Ensure the dog is well groomed, well trained, and public-ready during all inspections
- Care for the dog during off work hours, to include but not be limited to: feeding, maintenance training, grooming, exercising, and regular well visits to the veterinarian to keep the dog healthy, safe, and well cared for.
- Canine Handler experience, with Pest Control Industry preferred but not required.
- Some light travel involved. Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to drive, with canine safely transported, to locations and customers’ sites in the designated territory.
- Have/maintain a valid driver’s license, and meet the company’s Driver Certification policy.
- Have or obtain within 90 days of employment, other necessary business relevant licenses.
- The canine is expected to reside with the handler; a home inspection is required.
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
Viking is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.