Viking Pest is celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2020 and to celebrate, the Viking team will be completing 40 acts of kindness to celebrate 40 years of business. Viking will be participating in, or contributing to, at least 40 volunteer or give back events throughout the year in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware.
Here at Viking Pest, we value our loyal customers and are grateful to have them as part of the Viking family. While Viking strives to provide effective, innovative, and environmentally conscious pest control solutions, we want to do more for our local communities. Our mission for 40 for 40 is to give back to the communities in which we serve and to be a positive contributor through local volunteer programs such as donation collections, fundraisers, and sponsorships.
Viking’s 40 for 40 Events
Throughout the year, Viking will be contributing to at least 40 give back events located throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware.
January 2020 began the kickoff for Viking’s 40 for 40 and our first event was starting a fundraiser for the 1. New South Wales Rural Fire Service which provides the necessary support to all affected by the devastating brush fires happening in Australia. Viking Pest made a pledge to match employee contributions to this fundraiser and the Viking family has proudly raised $1,359 for this wonderful organization.
2. In February, Viking Pest’s Southern, NJ office traveled to Philadelphia, PA to donate a series of children’s entomology books to the Free Library of Philadelphia. The Viking Pest team wants to encourage the education of insects and their biology and their effects on our ecosystem.
3. The Viking Family also raised $350 for St. Jude’s Research Hospital in honor of cancer awareness month in February. We are proud to support a wonderful organization helping children and families and advancing cures to end pediatric cancer. 4. The Viking team also made a generous basket donation to the Helen L. Smith School Tricky Tray.
5. In celebration of volunteer month, Viking wants to give a shout-out to one of our wonderful employees, Tyler who in his free time is also a volunteer firefighter. We thank you, Tyler for your continued hard work and service to your local community.
As the COVID-19 Pandemic has swept the world, Viking gave back to communities throughout New Jersey to help stop the spread of bacteria and viruses, and to say thank you to those working on the front lines of the pandemic. 6. Viking Pest’s Northern New Jersey team generously donated a Pro-Clean Disinfectant service to the Community Volunteer #1 Firehouse located in Wayne, New Jersey. Their team disinfected and sanitized common areas in the firehouse to help stop the spread of bacteria and viruses.
Viking Pest’s branches throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania also generously donated lunch to the following hospitals to show our appreciation and to say thank you for the continued selfless work of the hard-working medical staff:
7. Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ
8. Robert Wood Johnson Somerset Hospital in Somerset, NJ
9. Virtua Voorhees Hospital in Voorhees, NJ
10. Easton Hospital in Easton, PA
11. Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, NJ
12. Viking Pest family members also created thank you signs that were collected and sent to local hospitals throughout our service area.
Thank you to every Viking team member who participated!
Viking Pest Control
As schools throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware remain closed due to COVID-19, Viking Pest has created a fun and educational Activity Book for your child.
13. To receive your FREE download of Viking Pest’s Activity Book, click here, and simply fill out the form on our kid’s corner page, and your Activity book will be sent directly to your inbox.
14. Viking Pest was a proud Sponsor of Girls on the Run Hunterdon, Bucks & Warren Counties. Girls on the Run’s intentional life skills curriculum and highly trained coaches positively impact girls’ lives by helping them increase their self-confidence, develop healthy relationships, and feel good about themselves. If you would like to donate to this wonderful organization, please visit: https://www.gotrhunterdon.org/Donate
15. Viking Pest sponsored a tent outside of our corporate office for all building tenants to enjoy during breaks. Our team realized with limited
seating areas to utilize during the day, we needed to find a solution for people to enjoy their lunch while remaining socially distant from others.
16. Viking’s Corporate Office also collected pantry items to be donated to the Food Bank Network of Somerset County. The mission of The Food Bank Network is to distribute food and to provide other basic human needs to those less fortunate in our community in a manner that recognizes and advances self-worth and human dignity. With many families facing hardships during the COVID-19 pandemic, the food bank needs support now more than ever. To donate, please visit https://somersetfoodbank.org/donate/ for more information.
July was also the start of our first Pro-Clean sweepstakes where 5 lucky businesses won a free Pro-Clean disinfectant and sanitization treatment from Viking to help reduce the spread of viruses and bacteria within their establishments. COVID-19 had a major effect on local businesses and first responder facilities, and we want to show our support and express our gratitude to local businesses by offering a free disinfectant treatment to keep businesses open.
Pro-Clean Sweepstake Winners Are:
17. Honey Tree Day Care in Point Pleasant, NJ
18. Dollar Tree in Moorestown, NJ
19. Ferraro’s Pizza and Pub in Middlesex, NJ
20. Valentino’s Pizzeria & Restaurant in Flanders, NJ
21. Vikingos Cake Shoppe & Bakery in Denville, NJ
22. Viking hosted our first blood drive with Vitalant New Jersey. As we continue the fight against COVID-19, many blood drives have been canceled, and blood donations are needed now more than ever. Viking Pest was proud to host a blood drive at our corporate office, and we want to thank the entire Vitalant team as well as all who donated.
23-33. National Honeybee day is celebrated on August 15, 2020, and to celebrate, Viking has adopted 5 honeybees and 5 monarch butterflies from the World Wildlife Foundation in honor of our 5 branch locations. Viking wants to celebrate pollinators within our environment because we recognize their importance. 34-35. To bring attention to pollinators, Viking has started our Bee the Change Sweepstakes where community members entered to win a honeybee or monarch butterfly donation in their name courtesy of Viking Pest. Congratulations to Beth C. and Susan L. for winning our sweepstakes!
36. Viking Pest was also a proud Sponsor for the Arc of Warren County’s Food Truck Festival. The Arc is a national organization that serves individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities and their family members since 1950. The Arc of Warren County is one of 700 chapters of The Arc and serves more than 1,100 people annually for the past 66 years. Programs include residential group homes and supervised apartments, day services, community-based supports, advocacy services, recreation and summer camp, Special Olympics training, early intervention, and a wide variety of additional social services
37. Viking Pest is a proud sponsor of Ray and Bacchus’ Virtual Bow-WOW Walk Saturday, September 19 – Sunday, September 27, 2020. This fundraising event benefits Ray Fantel and his dog Bacchus’ training. Ray was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1. His family needs the community’s help to raise money for his bernedoodle’s service dog training. If you would like to donate, please click here.
38. October is breast cancer awareness month! Viking Pest hosted an online fundraiser for the duration of October for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Thank you to the Viking team and our local community members for joining Viking Pest in the fight against breast cancer by raising $300 for the cure!
39. All 5 Viking Pest branches in New Jersey participated in a Food Collection for the Community FoodBank of New Jersey Thank you to all employees for participating, it was a great success!
41. In honor of Veteran’s Day, the Viking Pest team hosted a clothing drive for the Vietnam Veterans of America. Our team collected 28 large bags of clothing and more than two boxes of household goods. 42. Viking also raised $2,000 through our fundraiser selling camouflage baseball caps with 100% of the proceeds going to the Disabled American Veterans chapter in Bergenfield, NJ. To all past and present soldiers, we thank you for your service, your sacrifice, and your bravery. We are forever grateful.
43. Viking’s Southern, NJ team generously donated 2 bottles of a Disinfectant solution to their local Berlin Fire Co. This product will help reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses helping the entire Fire Company stay healthy and safe during these times.
44. As 2020 is coming to an end, our team is helping spread holiday cheer to local families. Viking Pest has adopted 5 families through the Bayshore Family Success Center. The Adopt-a-Family program hosted by the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County’s Counseling & Social Services team helps to make the holidays happy for needy families in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Our team is proud to help make a child’s holiday bright!
45. Viking’s Southern, NJ team generously donated 2 bottles of a Disinfectant solution to their local Berlin EMS team. This product will help reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses helping the entire squad stay healthy and safe during these times.
46.Viking was proud to donate a gift card and SMART digital rodent control to support one of our local community heroes, Barney Corrigan, and to help keep Barney’s Place Food Pantry stocked and rodent free! “Keep On Spreading The Love And Compassion Because It Is Very Contagious” – Barney Corrigan
Stay Updated on Upcoming Events
Check back here throughout the year to stay up to date on Viking’s mission of completing 40 acts of kindness in celebration of 40 years of service.