VIKING OFFERS THE ULTIMATE IN MOSQUITO AND TICK PROTECTION WITH OUR YARD GUARD™ SERVICE!
Mosquitos and ticks are among the most common pests in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of Maryland. They are also among the most loathed and dangerous. But just because they call this region their home, it doesn’t mean you have to accept them living in yours. Viking Pest Control is pleased to offer Yard Guard, our Award-Winning Mosquito and Tick control treatment service that protects your home, yard, and family from May through September.
Each visit includes an inspection of your home, structure, and yard, looking for conducive conditions that harbor mosquitoes and ticks. The YARD GUARD™ provides treatments* May through September to your exterior shrubbery, plants, the lower parts of trees, under porches, and areas of your property where we may ﬁnd breeding grounds and areas of pest population. By targeting these points, the YARD GUARD™ will reduce mosquito and tick breeding sites and help stop these pests from making you their next meal!
*Custom scheduling, with a minimum of 5 (ﬁve) times a year.
Additional services can be requested by the customer at the special program rate.
Tick and Mosquito populations are on the rise in recent years and have brought a variety of dangerous diseases that affect people, cats, dogs, and other animals with them. Viking Pest’s Yard Guard is carefully calibrated to be child and pet-friendly so that all members of your family, two-legged or four, can safely enjoy the outdoors.
Yard Guard enables you and your family to enjoy all the benefits of a worry-free Summer. Our treatments are specially designed to meet the specifications of your home. Viking has special procedures in place to keep ticks away from mosquitos away from swimming pools, patios, decks, gazebos, and other outdoor spaces and structures.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE AROUND YOUR PROPERTY TO HELP REDUCE MOSQUITO AND TICK POPULATIONS:
- Dispose of tin cans, plastic containers, ceramic pots, and water-holding containers
- Dispose of used tires
- Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers that are kept outdoors to drain liquid and prevent standing water
- Make sure roof gutters drain properly. Clogged gutters can contain water and allow mosquitoes to breed
- Turn over wading pools and wheelbarrows when not in use
- Change water in birdbaths once a week and pet dishes. Regularly clean vegetation and debris from edges of ponds
- Clean and chlorinate swimming pools, saunas, and hot tubs, and drain water regularly from pool covers
- Maintain landscaping around your property
- Do not over-water your yard, garden, or potted plants
- Remove lead litter, compost piles, and areas where ticks may nest. Avoid feeding wildlife and birds as this will attract other animals that can bring ticks to your property
- Ask your Viking inspector for additional tips