River Vale is a suburban community located in the Pascack Valley region of Bergen County, New Jersey. It is commonly known as the “Garden Spot” and is home to three golf courses, beautiful tree-lined streets, quality schools, and recreational facilities.
To protect your home, your family, and your business from pests like mice, roaches, stinging insects, ants, bed bugs, termites, mosquitos, spiders, spotted lanternflies, and more that also live in River Vale, trust the New Jersey pest experts here at Viking Pest Control. Viking has developed effective, modern, affordable pest control solutions to eliminate your property’s pest problems for good!
Residential Pest Control Services in River Vale, NJ
Viking Pest Control offers a wide range of pest control programs to suit the needs of all of our customers. To protect River Vale homes from a wide variety of pests, we created our Home Protection Plans. These plans provide year-round protection from common household insects and mice through scheduled service and unlimited callback services for covered pests.
To control specific pests that have decided to invade your New Jersey home, we also offer the following pest control services: mosquito and tick control, rodent control, bed bug control, and termite control. Contact us today to learn more about any of our pest control services or for information about our natural and organic pest control services!
Tips To Avoid Mice in River Vale, NJ
People are very anti-mouse and for very good reason. Mice enter homes and bring with them nothing but trouble. To avoid mice and the trouble that comes with them including, parasites, property damage, the destruction of personal property, diseases, and contaminated food sources, we have put together some tips:
- Seal cracks and gaps in the foundation or exterior walls of your home, including spaces around utility and pipe entrances; remember mice can enter through a space as small as the diameter of a pencil.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens in doors and windows.
- Install screens on vents and caps on openings to chimneys.
- Replace loose weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep bushes trimmed and cut back away from your foundation.
- Inspect packages and boxes for signs of mice before bringing them into your home, especially if they were previously being stored in a garage, shed, or other outbuildings.
- Make sure that outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting or locking lids; store them away from the exterior of your home.
- Inside your home, store food in airtight containers.
- Regularly remove garbage from your home.
- Keep clutter to a minimum in storage areas like basements, attics, and closets.
If mice ever do find their way into your River Vale property, the pest control experts here at Viking Pest Control can quickly eliminate them with our effective and affordable rodent control services. Contact us today to learn more about mice and how to quickly eliminate an infestation from your property!
Wasp Control in River Vale, NJ
There are many species of wasps found living across the country, including some right here in New Jersey. Some common species include the yellow jacket, cicada killer wasp, and digger wasp. The common denominator between ground wasps is that they typically create their nests under the ground; but if given the opportunity, they will also build their nest inside of a wall void, crawl space, or chimney. If ground wasps have created their nest near your home or inside it and have become a danger to you and your family, contact the stinging insect experts at Viking Pest Control. Our pest management professionals have the skill and experience required to take action and to safely remove a ground wasp nest from your River Vale property!
Top 5 Pests in River Vale, NJ
Listed below is a list of the top five pests (bed bugs, mosquitoes, termites, ants, cockroaches) found in River Vale that offer the most cause for concern for both residential and commercial property owners. Viking Pest Control experts have a deep understanding of these common pests and how to quickly eliminate them from any property.
- Bed bugs are pests that are often found in public places and will hitchhike their way into homes and businesses throughout New Jersey – even right here in River Vale. Once inside your property, they will feed on the blood of the sleeping people inside. Bed bugs aren’t known to transmit any diseases, but their presence can cause a lot of itching, stress, and sleepless nights.
- Mosquitoes are a species of parasitic pest. The females feed on the blood of people and animals in order to get the protein that is required to create their eggs. Because the females feed on such a wide variety of hosts, they carry and transmit a wide variety of serious diseases to people and pets including the West Nile Virus, encephalitis, canine heartworm, and more.
- Termites are highly destructive pests that typically enter homes through tiny cracks in the foundation as they forage for food. Once inside, they tend to attack and feed on the structural wood deep within wall voids. They are especially drawn to wood that has previously been damaged by water. If left untreated, a termite infestation can lead to significant damages that can affect the structural integrity of a building and that can be very costly to repair.
- Ants are a very invasive pest that can create their main nest outside and find their way inside homes and other buildings while out and about foraging for food. Once inside, they may decide to create a satellite nest behind your walls, in crawl spaces, or underneath floors. Ants are very difficult to eliminate and will contaminate food sources.
- Cockroaches are a very dangerous pest to have to live in your home or business. Before invading a home or other building, most were living in highly unsanitary places like sewers, trash piles, and drains. They carry many different parasites, bacteria, and viruses on their legs and body that contaminate food, food prep areas, and utensils. Also, their shed skins and feces can trigger asthma attacks, especially in young children.
Let Viking Pest Help With Pest Control in River Vale, NJ
Wondering how to get rid of pests in River Vale, New Jersey? Call Viking today to get rid of any of these dangerous and damaging pests or any other pests that have decided to make your property their home. We’ll get you connected with a local exterminator near you! Call Viking today for your FREE and NO OBLIGATION estimate at 800-618-2847 or schedule online today!