Lake Hopatcong is New Jersey’s largest lake. This beautiful body of water offers New Jersey residents and visitors places to camp, water sports, fine dining, public beaches, marinas, ice fishing, snowmobiling, and lovely lakeside homes. The gorgeous lake and exceptional seasonal weather unfortunately not only attracts people to this area of New Jersey but many insects, rodents, and other pests as well.
To help eliminate and control the pests found living in and around Sussex County homes, partner with the local experts at Viking Pest Control. We can work together to maintain a pest-free environment inside of your residential property, eliminating pests and preventing their return. To learn more about our general residential pest control services or our targeted services which work to eliminate specific pests, contact Viking’s pest control experts today. We would love to help you maintain a pest-free environment.
Residential Pest Control in Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Common pests like bed bugs, termites, mosquitos, mice, ants, and even spotted lanternflies can quickly become a nuisance if you do not snuff out an infestation early. Listed below are some easy-to-execute ways to keep New Jersey pests out of your Lake Hopatcong home:
- Make sure to place screens over all vents and chimneys leading into your home.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces dry and well-ventilated.
- Seal any cracks found in the foundation or exterior walls of your home.
- Make sure that weather stripping has been placed around all exterior windows and doors.
- Place door sweeps on all exterior doors, especially basement doors.
- Make sure that all outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting or locking lids on them.
- Trim back overgrown bushes, shrubs, and tree limbs away from the exterior of your home.
- Leave a stone barrier between any mulch or soil and your home’s foundation.
In addition to the above tips, the easiest way to ensure that your home becomes and stays free of pests is to partner with a professional pest control company and implement a year-round pest control plan. At Viking, our Home Protection Plans works to provide year-round protection against pests through seasonal service visits that focus on the pest pressures of each season. Our spring service visit focuses on emerging pest prevention and our summer service visit focuses on pest management by managing and eliminating pest populations around your home. During our fall/winter service visit, our pest management professional will focus on pest management and blocking entry points to prevent pests from being able to enter your home in the winter months.
Learn How to Minimize Mosquito Exposure in Lake Hopatcong, NJ
There are some remarkably effective ways that you can limit your exposure to mosquitoes. Wear long sleeves and pants when outside, do not go outside at dusk or dawn when mosquitoes are most active, wear light-colored clothing, and do not forget the mosquito spray. All these tips will work to help limit exposure to mosquitoes, but the easier and more practical way to limit exposure to disease-spreading mosquitoes is to reduce their numbers through Viking’s professional mosquito control service, which can be completed as a one-time service or as a seasonal service. This service can be tailored to meet the exact needs of your property and includes:
- A thorough inspection of your property to identify potential breeding spots and resting spots.
- The treatment for mosquitoes through the application of product to areas on your property like shrubs, along grass lines, and trees.
- If you have chosen seasonal pest control, the option of choosing a treatment package that includes 5 visits to be completed during mosquitoes’ most active season.
Reach out to us today to learn more about partnering together to reduce the number of mosquitoes found living and breeding on your property. We will get you connected with an exterminator who will show you how to get rid of pests in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey for good.
Why You Should Never Attempt Wildlife Control in Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Eliminating wild animals like raccoons, squirrels, or skunks that have found their way underneath or inside your Lake Hopatcong home should only be handled by a trained professional. Wild animals by nature are unpredictable and even the tiniest of squirrels can cause quite a bit of damage when defending their young. Do not risk encountering diseases, bacteria, sharp teeth, long claws, or a smelly skunk’s hind end, let our professionals take care of your wildlife problems for you. At Viking, our animal control experts have the experience and equipment needed to remove wild animals safely and humanely from your property and prevent their return.
Our local pest control experts will accurately identify the troublemaker, use traps or bait to get rid of the unwanted invaders, and put into place an exclusion plan to prevent future problems with these wild creatures. Our exclusive wildlife control and removal solutions include the following options: rodent control for rats, mice, and other rodents, bat control/removal programs, raccoon control programs, groundhog removal, skunk removal, and bird exclusion and bird deterrents. To remove wildlife animals from your Lake Hopatcong property the safest way possible, contact the wildlife control experts at Viking Pest Control today.
How To Spot An Active Bed Bug Infestation In Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Bed bugs are problematic pests that are found in most public settings and can be introduced into any Lake Hopatcong property at any time of the year. Bed bugs crawl onto people and their clothing or into their personal belongings where they are then accidentally introduced into homes.
Once inside a home, they will continue to feed and breed, growing their numbers until they are forced out through professional bed bug control services. If bed bugs are living inside of your Lake Hopatcong home, you may notice some or all the following common signs of an infestation:
- Red dots of blood or dark streaks of fecal material found on mattresses, box springs, linens, or walls.
- Piles of molted bed bug skins under mattresses and box springs, on the floor, inside closets, or drawers.
- Discovering live or dead apple-seed shaped insects that are reddish-brown in color in the cracks and crevices of mattresses, box springs, furniture, or walls.
- Waking up with red, itchy bite marks, especially on the legs, arms, and other body parts exposed while sleeping.
- However, it is important to understand that bed bug bites look like many other “bug” bites and that not everyone will react to their bites.
- In the case of a large infestation, a sweet musty odor may develop throughout your home or in a specific room of your home.
If you ever spot or even think you spot bed bugs living inside of your home, immediately contact Viking Pest Control so that our professionals can perform a thorough inspection and provide the treatment needed to eliminate blood-feeding bed bugs from your home. To learn more about our effective, bed bug control services, reach out to us today.